Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Twelfth night


“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.”

“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”

“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

“This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.”

“If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.”

“We know what we are, but not what we may be.”

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”

“You speak an infinite deal of nothing.”

“My tongue will tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart concealing it will break.”

“Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.”

“When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.”

“My only love sprung from my only hate!
Too early seen unknown, and known too late!
Prodigious birth of love it is to me,
That I must love a loathed enemy.”

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”

“These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triump die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume”

“thus with a kiss I die”

“Be not afraid of greatness.”

“By innocence I swear, and by my youth,
I have one heart, one bosom, and one truth,
And that no woman has, nor never none
Shall mistress be of it save I alone.”

“Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment