Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Tempest

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”

“What's past is prologue.”

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”

“Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears; and sometime voices,
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me; that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again.”

“O, wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't!”

“ brave new world
that has such people in't!”

“Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows.”

“This thing of darkness I
Acknowledge mine.”

“Let us not burden our remembrances with a heaviness that's gone.”

“Thought is free.”

“Awake, dear heart, awake. Thou hast slept well. Awake.”

“Your tale, sir, would cure deafness.”

“You taught me language, and my profit on't / Is, I know how to curse”

“I am your wife if you will marry me.
If not, I'll die your maid. To be your fellow
You may deny me, but I'll be your servant Whether you will or no.”

“Good wombs have borne bad sons."

“I long to hear the story of your life, which must captivate the ear strangely.”

“I'll break my staff, bury it certain fathoms in the earth, and deeper than did ever plummet sound, I'll drown my book!”

“Watch out he's winding the watch of his wit, by and by it will strike.”

“Thou shalt be free
As mountain winds: but then exactly do
All points of my command.”

No comments:

Post a Comment